The Go Slow Life and Moving Quickly

The Go Slow Life sometimes moves quickly and it makes total sense why. 

I shared my morning routine on Instagram stories this morning.  In this process, I completed the following tasks from 7:33 am to 8:15 am:

- Made scrambled eggs for breakfast
- Packed up eggs to take to work and also packed up other leftovers for lunch
- Showered, shampooed and conditioned hair
- Toweled off/put on face cream/deodorant/hair protectant
- Threw my hair from the shower drain out the window for birds nests
- Got mostly dressed
- Swept up graham cracker crumbs from the bedroom floor
- Blow dried hair (My hair is a little longer than shoulder length for reference)
- Applied simple makeup (concealer, tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip tint and lip gloss)
- Added waves to hair
- Finished getting dressed with cardigan sweater and jewelry
- Grabbed bags and was out the door!

I moved quickly during that 45 minutes in order to fit everything in for me to get to work on time!  What I didn't do was dawdle, get distracted, or take in any media content.  No radio, no podcast, no news.  I was focused on what I needed to get done in order to make it happen in 45 minutes! 

(I only had 45 minutes today because I teach BODYPUMP at 6am on Thursday mornings so by time I get home from the gym, I have to hustle to get to work on time.)

The important thing however is even though I had a quick routine today, I wasn't harried.  I was laser focused and deft.  Set me up for a great energy throughout my day at work.

Some days, I have a lot more freedom in my morning schedule and I'll spend time doing a Slow Activity to help me set the tone for the day and that can be a great way to start the day as well. 

xo
Chase



Comments

Popular Posts