That time I left my iPhone in the car overnight

Yesterday morning, I walked around the house looking for my iPhone.  I didn't spend long because once I realized my purse wasn't in the closet or by the door, that meant it was most likely in the car and my phone was probably still in it.

Once I got my phone, the battery had died and it was frozen, but it came back to life with no problem.

What's most remarkable to me is that I didn't feel that pang of discontent when I realized I didn't have it.  Nor did I even notice that I didn't have it the evening before from when I got home from work at 5:30.

I attribute this to the fact that every day, I do my best to live in the present. 

I was fully engaged with my family, then I went to bed and read a book, and then I slept, and then I woke up and engaged with my family, and THEN when I finally went to get ready for work, I realized I didn't have my phone. 

This is not a standard course of behavior for a lot of people my age these days, but I encourage you to work towards it.  I slept well throughout the night.  I lived true to my values (spending time with family, reading, going to bed early) because those values help me live a happier, more pleasant, more fulfilled life. 

That may not be your value system, but I would encourage you to think about your value system, and then how the use of your phone does or does not support that value system.

What is important to you?
What lights you up?
What gives you a sense of calm and peace?
What makes you feel anxious and unsettled?

Answer those questions for yourself, and then see if your current daily behaviors are aligned with those values.

xo
Chase



Comments

Popular Posts