What I'm Currently Reading

I read a lot of books at once.  

Sometimes I start a book and I have to let it simmer mid-way. I've been about 7/8ths done with Becoming by Michelle Obama for about 3 months but I don't want it to end, so I've been leaving it to get back to in a little bit.

But this week I've started two new books, both of which I really like already:

First, Do Less by Kate Northrup.  The general premise of this book is that we are culturally programmed to be doing too much all the time, every day.  We, particularly women or others in a caretaking/nurturing role, tend to squeeze way more into every moment possible, and you can actually improve your health and happiness by doing less.  Sounds right up my alley.


Kate Northrup writes from the perspective of a woman in her mid 30s who's had two kids in the last few years, and she particularly talks about how women were never intended to bloom year round.  We have a cyclical nature to our bodies and that rhythm should be honored.  I couldn't agree more.  


Secondly, I'm reading The Postnatal Depletion Cure: A Complete Guide to Rebuilding Your Health and Reclaiming Your Energy for Mothers of Newborns, Toddlers, and Young Children by Oscar Sellerach.  I'm particularly intrigued by this topic, mostly because it's something I've struggled with totally since the day I found out I was pregnant with my first child 5 years ago.   This book claims to have actionable steps to help feel like yourself again after making the transition to parenthood.  I'm all ears.

If either of these sound interesting to you, take a look and let me know in the comments what you thought.


xo


PS Feel free to connect with me on GoodReads (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3184814-chase-l) where I log all my books.



Comments

Popular Posts